Railway Recruitment 2018: Railway Recruitment Board is inviting applications from interested candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentices Act 1961 in the designated trades at Workshops/Units in the jurisdiction of Central Railway against 2573 slots. This latest RRB recruitment drive is an excellent opportunity for the candidates who are looking for a job in Indian Railways. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only online till 17:00 hrs of the closing date. The last date of submitting complete online application for the RRB Recruitment 2018 is 25 July 2018.
RRB Apprentice Recruitment 2018 Details
According to RRB, there are a total of 2573 vacancies for various posts in various clusters (Mumbai Cluster 1799 vacancies, Bhusawal Cluster 421 vacancies, Pune Cluster 152 vacancies, Nagpur Cluster 107 vacancies, Solapur Cluster 94 vacancies).
Candidates should note and take cognizance of the fact that this is a Centralized Notification for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 for Central Railway Units and Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway (RRC/CR) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from candidates and preparation of their merit list. Candidates can submit their applications ONLINE only on RRC’s website www.rrccr.com
After preparation of merit list, the same will be advised to respective Divisions/Units on Central Railway. Document verification and medical examination will be held in opted Divisions/Units, as per the Cluster as mentioned in the Candidate’s applications.
Candidates must note that no centralized merit list will be formed.
Mode of Selection
- Selection will be on the basis of merit list prepared in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation (with minimum 50% aggregate marks) + ITI marks in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done. The panel will be on the basis of simple average of marks in the matriculation and ITI.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects like best of five etc.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, average marks mentioned in consolidated statement of marks for all semesters of the trade applied / marks mentioned in the Provisional National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT / SCVT, will only be reckoned.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of marks of SSC of candidates from Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh, Board of Public Examination, Kerala etc RRC will take midpoint of range of grades obtained by the candidates. After obtaining midpoints of all the attempted subjects according to grades awarded, average will be calculated treating each subject is out of 100 marks, as there is no standard method or multiplying factor for calculation of average of matriculation for such Boards.
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidate with older age shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first.
- A final merit list will be prepared cluster/unit wise, trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate, as stated above.
- Candidates finally enlisted would be subject to verification of original testimonials uploaded and being found fit in appropriate Medical examination by Railways as applicable for the Workshops and for the other Units.
During submission of ONLINE application, a Registration number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to preserve/note their Registration Number for further stages of engagement process/correspondence with RRC.
NOTE-I: To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit ONLINE application much before the closing date, to avoid possible inability/failure to log on to the website of RRC on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days.
NOTE-II: RRC does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
Candidates have to choose only one cluster. He/she can give preference for the Units falling within the geographical jurisdiction of that cluster only.
RRB Recruitment 2018: Application Fee
The application fee is Rs.100 for General and OBC category candidates.
There is no application fee for the SC/ST/PH category candidates and female candidates.
How to Apply for RRB Apprentice Recruitment 2018
Candidates can apply only through online mode for RRB Apprentice Recruitment 2018.
- Open rrccr.com and click Enter.
- Click “Online Application” under the notification number RRC/CR/AA1/2018.
- Complete registration process by filling all the required details.
- Pay the application fee, and take a print out of the application form.
For more details about RRB Apprentice Recruitment 2018 in Central Railway, check the official notification at this link.